If you’ve ever been confused about what scientific research is and why its important for both you (and your clients) this podcast is for you.
I corner Dr Lee Hamilton – Lecturer at the University of Stirling, Health and Exercise Sciences Research Group who has a profound level of knowledge regarding the molecular basis of exercise adaptions.
We talk shop on:
– Why research is important?
– Practical applications of scientific research in the fitness industry
– The Placebo Effect (and how big an affect it can have)
– Overcoming marketing ploys (especially within the supplement industry)
– Don’t be abstract author
– Human Trials Vs Animal Trials – What you need to know
– Gold standards in research
– Why certain studies might not apply to your target population
– Gold Standard For Research – Systematic reviews and meta analysis
– Why certain supplement companies ‘data massage’
– Conflicts of interest with research
– and much more…