Confused about the science behind muscle growth and protein timing? I corner Dr Lee Hamilton – Lecturer at the University of Stirling, Health and Exercise Sciences Research Group to discuss:
We talk shop on:
– Protein Synthesis – How it works and the best ways to activate it
– Catabolism (muscle breakdown) and how to avoid it
– MTOR 1 – What is it and why its important?
– Protein dosing and the ‘muscle full’ effect
– Supplement companies using molecular information to sell products (and why its most likely inaccurate)
– Can we only absorb 20-30g protein at one time?
– Protein digestion rates
– Protein Nutrient Timing
and much more